Crankbait anglers looking to up their game won’t want to miss the new Abu Garcia® Winch series of rods hitting tackle shops this fall. Specifically designed for anglers using crankbait techniques, these rods are offered in seven casting and one spinning variation for optimum performance with everything from jerkbaits to deep diving cranks. Featuring cork and high-density EVA grips and ergonomic Fuji® reel seats, the Winch series is built with a custom composite construction for a more moderate action.
Hank Cherry, winner of the 2020 Bassmaster Classic, relies on the new Winch crankbait rods to help him increase his hookup ratios when the crankbait bites aren’t aggressive. “The rods are sensitive enough to allow me to react quickly upon biting,” Cherry said. “Every bite counts; one missed fish can be the difference between winning and missing the cut completely. With these rods I know I have everything I need to fish to win.”
Said Abu Garcia Marketing Director Andrew Wheeler: “Due to the exacting nature of fishing crankbaits, where testing and tuning are mandatory for anglers to get the most out of their presentations, we saw a need for a technique-specific rod series. The sizes and actions of these rods make it easy for anglers to pair their rod to specific crankbaits, all the while benefitting from best-in-class ergonomics, performance and sensitivity.”
All winch series rods are built with a custom composite-construction for a more moderate action, making them perfect for fishing crankbaits. Rods also feature cork and high-density EVA grips, an ergonomic Fuji® reel seat, and stainless-steel guides with Zirconium inserts. Winch rods have an MSRP of $149.95.
For more information visit www.abugarcia.com.
Abu Garcia Winch Rods: Specifications
• 6-10/Casting/Medium rod – Ideal for jerkbaits
• 7-0/Casting/Medium rod – Ideal for shallow cranks
• 7-0/Casting/Medium Heavy rod – Ideal for squarebills and flat-sided cranks
• 7-5/Casting/Medium Heavy rod – Ideal for bladed jigs
• 7-6/Casting/Medium Heavy rod – Ideal for medium cranks
• 7-11/Casting/Medium Heavy rod – Ideal for deep diving cranks
• 7-11/Casting/Heavy rod – Ideal for magnum cranks
• 7-2/Spinning/Medium Light rod – Ideal for spybaits/shad baits
• Composite blend construction
• Cork and high-density EVA grips
• Ergonomic Fuji® reel set
• Stainless steel guides with Zirconium inserts