Whether you are an aspiring professional angler or a seasoned touring pro the NPAA can assist you in reaching your goals. Established in 1997 the National Professional Anglers Association was assembled with one core principle in mind: To increase the professionalism of our members as we work to grow and protect sportfishing.
While the industry landscape continually changes forcing companies to reevaluate how they spend their marketing dollars, the NPAA has kept its finger on the pulse of how anglers should approach companies to obtain and maintain sponsorships.
Offering our members access to invaluable resources and benefits are two of many reasons you should consider as you decide whether a membership with the NPAA is of value to you as an angling professional or an angler aspiring to become an angling professional.
Bassmaster Elite Series professional and owner of Missile Baits John Crews is a member of the NPAA and encourages anyone who makes a living in the outdoor industry to join the organization. "The NPAA provides a unifying body where anyone whose profession involves fishing can unite under one umbrella. Whether you are a touring professional, guide, an aspiring pro, member of the fishing media, or work in the fishing industry, the NPAA is an organization that you can benefit from being a member of." said Crews.
NPAA Member Benefits
- Access to the CORRECT commercial boat insurance (important!) - Policies are underwritten specifically for tournament anglers, guides and charter captains.
- NPAA Annual Conference - Educational seminars especially for angling professionals. Tremendous networking opportunities.
- Discounted Annual Conference admission - $50 discount!
- Member press releases forwarded to over 5,000 verified email recipients including media and industry contacts.
- Member news shared on NPAA social media channels.
- Industry and NPAA sponsor news sent via email weekly.
- "Members Only" programs - Discounts for Members on many NPAA Partner products.
- Member contact information shared on the NPAA website via a live data base for members, sponsor partners, and industry use.
- Members have access to NPAA industry contacts. Member Networking - Ask questions and share professional information with other members via Members Only Facebook Group.
- The NPAA as a professional industry organization represents our members' interests though participation in industry lobbying efforts to protect sportfishing.
- Pass on the Passion - Participate or take a lead in NPAA-sponsored youth and family educational events that promote angling participation solidifying the future of fishing.
- 6-inch set of NPAA Member Number decal. Member numbers are for a member's exclusive use as a member benefit. You own the rights to use your member number to market yourself as a member.
Although you may not consider yourself a "Pro", your fishing may be more of a business than you think it is:
1. Do you have fishing related income that is included on your tax returns?
2. Do you receive compensation as a guide/charter captain and are licensed?
3. Are you are paid by sponsors to promote their fishing/marine related products?
4. Do you receive substantial discounts or No Charge fishing/marine products?
5. Are you hosting/organizing angler education events?
6. Are you involved with the boating/fishing industry in sales or marketing?
NPAA members include Guides, Charter Captains, Tournament Anglers, Angler Educators, and Industry Professionals. Join the NPAA today to build your skills, industry connections and start your journey toward constant improvement in your level of professionalism. All of this and more is available through an NPAA membership. With three different levels of membership types the NPAA has a membership level that will suit you needs:
NPAA Membership Levels
- Pro (Guides, Captains, Tournament Anglers, Angler Educators, Industry $100 Annual Dues)
- Student Angler (High School Anglers, College Anglers, $50 Annual Dues)
- Future Pro (Ages 8-14, Affiliate Membership, $20 Annual Dues)
Learn how you can become a member of the NPAA.