BOAT CAPTAINS & BOAT MARSHALS
What is a Boat Captain?
A driver of his own boat, assigned to the same two anglers for five consecutive days of the World Championship, taking them safely to their requested fishing locations on Lake Murray. Click her to learn more or sign-up Boat Captain
What we provide – Boat Captain Package:
- For five days of volunteering, you get a $500 check.
- Check will be picked up at the event tent on Dreher Island on Saturday (after weigh-in).
- Boat Captains and Marshals receive official USA Bass Team hat
- You will be reimbursed for boat gas used when you turn in your receipts at the end of the event or mail your receipts in provided envelope to be paid when sent into USAngling.
- Daily lunches and Ice for boat.
- USA Bass Team official hat included.
Boat Captain requirements:
- Bass boat (minimum 18’) with 150hp – 250hp
- Operating electric trolling motor on bow
- Working live well
- Marine electronics on dash and bow
- Landing net
- Three life jackets for you and your anglers to wear
- Fully charged boat batteries each day
- A current boater’s liability insurance policy
What you do on the boat as Boat Captain:
- Drive anglers to locations they want to fish
- Ensure boats stay a minimum of 50m (55 yards) apart when fishing
- Ensure all fish are netted
- Ensure no fish is intentionally snagged
- Do not help competitors with fishing information
What is a Boat Marshal?
Boat Marshals are assigned to a nation and ride in their team boat to ensure rules are followed. When a nation provides their own boat, we must provide a Boat Marshal to join them. This is a volunteer position, no pay. Nations needing Boat Marshals: USA, South Africa, Canada, Mexico, and maybe others. Boat Marshal assignments will be at discretion of organizer. Event official hat and daily lunch are included. Click here to learn more or sign-up Boat Marshal
What you do on the boat as Boat Marshal:
Ensure boats stay a minimum of 50m (55 yards) apart when fishing
Ensure all fish are netted
Ensure no fish is intentionally snagged
Do not help competitors with fishing information
Come be part of the 2022 XVI Black Bass World Championship!
Contact John Knight with any questions. Call: 970-376-5703
Download Boat Captain & Boat Marshal Flyer